Seasoned New York based broadcast and digital executive to drive growth and client acquisition
TORONTO, CANADA May 1, 2017 – YANGAROO Inc. (TSX-V: YOO, OTC: YOOIF), the industry's leading secure digital media management and distribution company, today announced that it has named Grant Schuetrumpf as President of its Advertising Division. In this role, he will be responsible for the overall strategy and growth of this division, including strategic partnerships, increasing market share and product development for YANGAROO Advertising. Schuetrumpf will be based in New York, and will report directly to the CEO.
“It’s with excitement that I join YANGAROO and its well established team. YANGAROO has worked tirelessly to build a world class video asset management and delivery platform for its video advertising and entertainment clients,” said Mr. Schuetrumpf. “YANGAROO is a market leader in Canada and with a network that directly connects every regional and national broadcaster in North America. It continues to expand its market presence in the USA, whilst maintaining its high level of content quality assurance. YANGAROO consistently builds and acquires new product lines across the digital and broadcast advertising industries, and we will leverage these strengths to provide greater value to our advertising clients and prospects.”
Mr. Schuetrumpf brings more than 25 years of international corporate, business development, production, and senior managerial and administrative experience in the media industry. His experience includes servicing brands, advertising agencies and production companies across digital and traditional markets, incorporating SaaS video asset management and distribution platforms, and programmatic data analysis technologies.
Previous executive roles include President of Dubsat, based in New York, where he led the company’s expansion in the North American market. Prior to this, he was CEO of Dubsat, headquartered in Australia, where he led the global growth strategy, including technology development, sales growth and international licensing opportunities. Mr. Schuetrumpf holds a Graphic Arts certificate from the University of Technology, a diploma in Management, and attended the Australian Graduate School of Management.
“It is very timely that a person of Mr. Schuetrumpf’s caliber and abilities has joined our team,” said Gary Moss, CEO of YANGAROO Inc. “Grant is joining us at a time when our advertising business is growing consistently and he will lead business development efforts, capitalizing on our technology to deliver both short and long form content across our comprehensive broadcast footprint. Grant’s knowledge of the industry, his proven ability to drive growth, both organic and through acquisition, and his extensive network make him the ideal person to take YANGAROO Advertising to the next level. Grant is an excellent addition to our team and I look forward to working with him as we continue on our growth path.”
Pursuant to Mr. Schuetrumpf’s employment agreement, YANGAROO has granted 500,000 stock options (the “Options”) to him in accordance with the terms of its stock option plan. The Options are exercisable for a period of five years from the date of grant at a price of $0.14 per share. Following 10% of the Options vesting on the date of grant, the remaining 90% will vest as to a third on each 6-month anniversary following the date of grant.
YANGAROO is a company dedicated to digital media management. YANGAROO’s patented Digital Media Distribution System (DMDS) is a leading secure B2B digital cloud based solution focused on the music and advertising industries. The DMDS solution provides more accountable, effective, and far less costly digital management of broadcast quality media via the Internet. It replaces the physical, satellite and closed network distribution and management of audio and video content, for music, music videos, and advertising to television, radio, media, retailers, and other authorized recipients. The YANGAROO Awards platform is now the industry standard and powers most of North America’s major awards shows.
YANGAROO has offices in Toronto, New York, and Los Angeles. YANGAROO trades on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V) under the symbol YOO and in the U.S. under OTCBB: YOOIF.
For YANGAROO Investor Inquiries:
Phone: (416) 534-0607
The statements contained in this release that are not purely historical are forward-looking statements and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause such statements to differ materially from actual future events or results. Such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.